A System designed to Increase the Efficiency and Profit of businesses in the Lumber Industry
The needs of lumberyards are significantly different than those of hardware stores, and Optemizer – with its OptLumber features - is designed to address those needs specifically.
For instance, Optemizer understands that lumberyards need to work with tallies, and multiple units of measure (UOM): each, board feet, square feet/meters, cubic feet/meters, cubic yards, full units, etc. The successful yard has to be able to buy, receive, or sell all their commodity products in any mix of those UOMS, at any time.
Optemizer also understands that the busy, transaction-oriented yard needs to streamline how it does business, so it can quickly satisfy the demanding needs of its contractor base. Sales and delivery processing using GPS and hand-held mobile devices (powered by Apple iTechnology) are just one example of how the software addresses this. Highly refined Special Order processing is another.
And, Optemizer understands that pricing is a critical issue. Whether it is customer discounts, or pricing based on market, floor, or bid costs, a successful yard needs to be able to quote and sell in the most flexible ways possible. This is the only way to secure a job – profitably – for the yard.
Here are some examples of what Optemizer’s OptLumber features can bring to any lumberyard or home center that does a strong business in building material commodities, and is eager to please their contractor base:
- Complete job tracking, including separate pricing, quote tracking, sales analysis and Accounts Receivable control.
- Flexible, detailed quoting that allows multiple delivery packages and recalculation of expired quotes based on current or market costs.
- Automated integration of special orders to purchasing, ensuring accurate and timely fulfillment of your customer's needs.
- Optemizer's exclusive Business Process Management system, a tightly integrate CRM module that provides inside and outside (via Apple iTechnolgy) sales personnel the information they need to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Multi-location inventory that allows you to purchase, stock and sell material using traditional methods, while giving you the best information available to help you properly manage stock levels.
Coupled with Optemizer's strength in managing inventory, our OptLumber features form a powerful one-two punch for any building material retailer who wants to improve both his ROI and his customer service.
Optemizer supports commodity purchasing, receiving, and sales in a variety of Units of Measure, including tally, board feet, square feet, etc.
This powerful tool allows the lumber and commodities buyer to review the latest cost pricing from each supplier, and to select whichever is favored. It also allows multiple purchase orders – with multiple suppliers – to be viewed on the same screen
Optemizer supports full sales and accounting for contractor jobs, including quotes, subaccount balances, special pricing and discounts, and much more…
OptDelivery is an App that runs on the Apple iPod, and brings CONTROL to your deliveries, allowing you (or your driver) to:
Collect Signatures for deliveries
Recall details from invoices for delivery
Take photos of goods delivered, with GPS coordinates
Save finished delivery information directly to Optemizer
View all delivery information at any point